Healthie's Tasks feature is a structured "to do list" that enables you to:
- Assign certain action items to yourself, that you need to take for your business and for your clients' needs within Healthie
- Associate tasks with specific clients to ensure you are completing action items in between sessions or after a session
- Assign tasks to other members of your organization and view tasks that others have assigned you
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Creating a task and associating it with a client
To create a task, click on the "Tasks" icon on the top bar of your Healthie account. You will be asked to write a description, determine the priority of the task, and assign it to a provider/ tag a client.
You will also be able to view all tasks that you have created in a summary view.
When you create a task and tag a client, the task will show up within the Client's profile along the side navigation bar. Clients will not know that you have created a task and associated it with their profile / account.
Creating a task for another organization member to complete
There may be instances in which you'd like to create a task for another organization member to complete. If you'd like to do this, simply assign another provider to the task that you create.
When you create the task, the organization member will be notified.
Note: depending on your organization settings, you may only see providers / clients in which you have permissions to communicate with.
You are able to set a priority level for tasks that you create within Healthie. You will be given the option of indicating that a task is "High priority" when creating a task."
You are also able to re-order tasks by dragging and dropping the tasks within the "Task details" page.
Additionally, you can set a due-date for your tasks which will display directly below the task item -- ensuring that you not only can keep track of high-priority tasks, but deadlines as well.
To add a due-date for a task:
- Go to the "Tasks" icon and click "Add New Task"
- Complete the task details
- Click the option for "Add due date" > Select date
- Save the task
You can always edit a task by going to your Task List and clicking the blue "Details" button. Here you'll see a list-view of all tasks, including filters to sort by completed and not completed tasks. Click the action icon (three dots) next to a task. Select "Edit" from the drop-down
Notifications to you and your clients
- Forthcoming update: If you are part of an organization, you will be notified when you have been assigned a task from another organization member
- Forthcoming update: If you assigned a task to another organization member, you will receive an e-mail notification when this task has been completed.
Tasks on the Healthie Mobile App
New to Tasks, is the ability to view, create, and check-off tasks directly from the mobile app. This allows you to stay on top of your important business items, from wherever you are.
To access Tasks on the mobile app, make sure you have the latest update of the Healthie app. When a new update is available, a green banner appears when logged into the app, which will prompt you to complete the update. Tap the banner. Don't have the app yet? Learn more about the Healthie mobile app for iOS and Android.
Tasks can be found by tapping the hamburger menu (3 lines) on the top-left of your account, select "Tasks" from the menu.
On the mobile app, you can:
- View "My Tasks" and "Assigned Tasks"
- Create a new task
- Mark a task as completed
- Modify an existing task
- Delete a task
To create a task from the app:
- Navigate to Tasks
- Tap the ( + ) sign on the top-right
- Add your description
- Tap "Add Task"
High Priority Tasks
You also have the option of marking your task as "High Priority" so that it will show at the top of your Tasks list, with a red indicator.
Assign Provider or Tag a Client
To assign your task to another member of your organization and/or associate it with a client, you can do so while creating your task. Please review the earlier sections in this help article to understand the implications of assigning or tagging tasks.
Forthcoming updates to tasks
- We have released the first version of this feature, and expect additional updates to be made over the next several months, including:
- Releasing tasks for you to have clients to complete
- Creating recurring tasks
- Reminders for specific tasks
- Auto-tasks created after an event is triggered (E.g., after an appointment have post-appointment follow-ups or payment follow-ups if 1 credit remaining)
- If you have any ideas / feedback, we'd love to hear it! Please e-mail us: email@example.com
Want to see Tasks in action? Watch this brief deep-dive video on Healthie Tasks. Learn how to create, assign, and modify tasks -- both from the web platform, and the Healthie mobile app.