Fitbit and Healthie
Healthie syncs with client Fitbit devices to automatically pull Health metrics into their client profiles, for you as a provider to view within their Healthie accounts.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
How clients can sync their Fitbit device and where to view metrics pulled
Fitbit will pull the following data into Healthie:
- Weight (including from Fitbit scales)
- Physical activity
- Macros (in aggregate, not individual entries).
Data will be entered into a client's Healthie's Journal and visible on your feed. It is not currently possible to pull in Sleep, but we will update this post when this becomes possible.
Here is Healthie's Client Guide to syncing with Fitbit devices, which we encourage you to share with your clients.
If you would like to turn off the ability for your clients to sync their Fitbit with Healthie, you can navigate to Settings, and disable "Fitbit" This can be enabled / disabled on a global, group, and individual client basis. If you have disabled this, Clients will not see the ability to Integrate their Fitbit account with Healthie when they navigate to Integrations.
How clients can un-sync their Fitbit devices
If you'd like assistance with un-syncing a Fitbit device on behalf of a client, please contact our Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the Fitbit-Healthie Sync & best practices
- Fitbit will sync data onto Healthie once a day, every day in the morning.
- After your client syncs their Fitbit with Healthie, entries will take 24 hours to first appear.
- If there are day lapses between entries, it means that the client did not wear their Fitbit, or that FitBit did not record the data to their online servers.