Add / Remove a member in your organization
Healthie enables organizations with multiple providers, clinicians, team members, and assistants to coordinate with each other to provide collaborative care to clients. Moreover, there are over 35 permissions that account administrators can set for each member of the organization.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Adding a member to your Organization
To add a member to your organization:
- Navigate to Settings > Organization > Org Info (complete this information if it hasn't been completed yet) > Manage Memberships
- Add in the Member's Name, E-mail-address, and choose either Standard or Support role
- You can optionally set a member (standard or support) to be an Administrator
- Administrators can oversee member activity, access Organization-wide reports, and optionally have visibility into client information and activity
- Administrators can also set permissions for other team members
- We recommend limiting the number of Administrators you have in your account
When you add a member to your organization, they will receive an e-mail indicating that they've been added to your organization. They will then be able to click on a unique link, that will enable them to set up a password, and access their account, based on the permissions you have established on their behalf. Immediately, you'll be able to share documents and resources, intake forms and other resources, and message with them within the platform.
Standard vs Support Seats
- Standard role encompasses anyone in your organization that sees clients or needs administrative access to the system. For example, providers who work with clients should be marked as "Standard" so that they can be assigned clients and appear on the Calendar for scheduling
- Support role encompasses anyone in your organization that needs assistant access to the system. Most commonly, this is someone who schedules, does billing, or is responsible for other administrative work that does not include client engagement.
- Support roles cannot be not assigned clients, join Care Teams, have their own Zoom, or have a calendar on Healthie, but can message clients, view and book sessions for other team members, and conduct coordination activities for the organization. Support seats are able to see which clients are in a session, and view the Organization Calendar.
Toggling an account between Standard and Support
There may be an instance in which you would like to change a member in your organization to/from " Standard" and "Support" (and vice versa).
Navigate to Organization > Select Member > Edit Settings
- Note: you will need to have administrator-level privileges to do this
- Navigate to the question "What organization member role should [Provider Name] be?"
- Select "Standard" or "Support"
- The team member will have to log out and log back into Healthie, to see changes reflected in their account.
Set member-specific permissions
- Navigate to Organization > Manage Memberships (Note: Only "Admin" roles can make modifications for other accounts)
- Select Settings of an existing provider
- Select / unselect permissions you'd like to enable for a provider
- Based on the role you have already given this provider, Healthie's recommended pre-set settings have been applied
Here is our Deep-dive: Organization Settings
If you would like assistance navigating permissions & settings, e-mail us: email@example.com and we can set up time to run through your Settings
Remove a member from your Account
There are instances in which you will need to make changes in your active providers, e..g, if there is a personnel change, or if a member of your team will be leaving for a known period of time (e.g., maternity leave).
Healthie's system makes it easy for you to Revoke log-in access and change the status of team members, by marking a standard or support account as "Inactive". Here is what happens, and best practices, when you mark a seat as inactive:
- A member is no longer able to log in, which means that they cannot access client information.
- If that member was a provider, they will no longer appear on the Org Calendar.
- You will be prompted to re-assign any clients that are associated with that provider to someone else on your team.
- No client information or system information is deleted.
- If someone on your team is leaving for a known period of time (e.g., a maternity or other leave) we recommend NOT marking them as inactive or moving them to a support role. If you would like to proceed with this, we recommend keeping a list of known clients of this provider for you to "change back" when this person re-joins your team.
- If a departing / previous member of your team has worked with clients in your business, we recommend against fully removing a provider in your system, even if they are no longer a member of your team. Rather, we recommend marking them as inactive. The reason for this, is that for your business and auditing purposes, it's helpful to have a history of client care.
Re-arrange the order of members in your Organization
Healthie enables you to order the members in your Organization. This is helpful in the following instances:
- You have a high number of providers in your organization and need to sort them
- You would like members to appear in a certain order on your Organization Calendar
To rearrange the order of your members, go to "Organization" > Members > use the blue arrows to rearrange a member's position on the list. This will adjust the order in which members appear on the Calendar.