Using Healthie's Organization Calendar
Healthie's Organization Calendar enables each member of an organization to view the schedule and availability of other providers in an organization.
With the Organization Calendar:
- Members can manage the appointments of anyone in an organization
- Members with the role *administrator* can change the availability of anyone in an organization
- Members can view, schedule, edit, and remove appointments for other providers
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Navigating to the Organization Calendar
- Making an appointment on behalf of another provider
- Making a group appointment with multiple team members
- View availability of other providers
- Color coding the organization calendar
- Re-arranging the order of providers in your Organization Calendar
- View calendar for specific organization members
- Allow prioritization for certain team members
- Block Availability
- FAQs: Organization Calendar
Navigating to the Organization Calendar
To view your Organization's Calendar, click on Organization on the left sidebar of your Healthie screen.
Note: If you do not see Organization on the left hand side, you or your administrators have not yet set up your organization. Click on Settings (in the top right) > Organization - thereafter, you'll see the Organization calendar appear on the left dashboard.
Making an appointment on behalf of another provider
To make a new appointment, you can click the "Add Appointment" button in the top right of the Organization Calendar (do not use your personal calendar to make an appointment for another provider), or drag right on the calendar. When you do that, you'll see a popup box appear.
You'll be asked to select:
- Whether the appointment is individual or group
- The Client
- The Provider
- The date, location, and time
- Whether the appointment repeats subsequent sessions.
When you've entered this information, click the "Create" button. Based on your organization's Appointment Settings, your client will automatically receive notification of this appointment being created, as well as the provider who was scheduled for the appointment session.
Once an appointment has been created, you are also able to modify the Provider of the appointment by clicking into the details of the Appointment.
Making a group appointment with multiple team members
To make a group appointment with multiple team members:
- Click "Add Appointment" in the top right of the Organization Calendar
- Select Group Appointment
- Under invitees, search for provider names. Select all provider(s) that you'd like to be included in the group appointment (note: Support roles and inactive providers will not show up in this dropdown)
- Select date, type, and time.
- The Appointment will then be added to each Organization member's calendar automatically as a blocked time.
- The provider(s) that are scheduled for the session will show up in the Appointment Details screen
- The provider(s) that are added to an appointment by another org member will receive an e-mail notification that they've been added to a group appointment
View availability of other providers
To view the availability of other providers, click "Show availablity" on the left of the Organization Calendar. You can also adjust permissions such that you'll see availability by default.
Note: If you do not see the availability of your providers, your account administrator may need to enable these for you
Color coding the organization calendar
- Healthie's calendar can be customized by colors across the organization
- If a administrator account changes color codes, it will apply to the entire organization
- If a license without administrator permissions makes changes to calendar colors, it will apply to just that provider's account (E.g., if XX is able to edit settings that impact the organization, is enabled in Provider Settings, changes to color schemes will affect other calendars)
Re-arranging the order of Providers in your Organization Calendar
To rearrange the order of your members, go to "Organization" > Members > use the blue arrows to rearrange a member's position on the list. This will adjust the order in which members appear on the Calendar.
View calendar for specific organization members
If you would like to view the calendar for specific team members, you may do so by using the "Providers" filter on the left-hand panel. Simply search for and add the providers you'd like view. The calendar display will automatically update with your preference.
Allow Prioritization for Certain Org Members
Org members can now adjust the priority of different providers in the org. If the two members have the same availability slot, the member with the higher priority will be scheduled with first.
- Navigate to "Settings" (gear icon located at the top-right of your Provider account) > Select "Organization"
- From the top menu bar, toggle over to "Members"
- Click edit for a member, in the top section of basic details, you'll now see a field for "Scheduling Priority" -- edit each member to give them the priority number you'd like (ie. if you have 5 team members, you can rank each member 1-5).
Want this feature enabled for your organization? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make an ad-hoc block of availability for a team member(s):
- Navigate to Organization tab > Calendar
- Click directly on the calendar on the day that you'd like to block availability
- A pop-up will appear, on the top of the pop-up, click over to "Availability"
- Select "Block Availability"
- Select your provider, date/time, add any notes if needed > Click "Create"
A gray time block will appear on the calendar, under the provider's name. Even if availability is set for that day, the time block will override. No clients will be able to book or be scheduled during this time. Time blocks can extend for more than one day, for example, if a provider is to be out of the office for a longer period of time (ie. on vacation).
To edit or delete the blocked time, simply click on the time block. A side-panel will appear, you can click Edit (pencil icon) or Delete (trash can icon).
Another way to block off availability for an organization member is going to their main calendar's tab by going through the Organization tab.
- Navigate to Organization tab > Calendar
- Scroll towards the bottom to By Provider and select Provider
This will allow you to see the specific provider's calendar and Calendar Settings under More.
FAQs: Organization Calendar
How can I schedule an internal group Zoom meeting with my team?
Here are instructions to generate an internal meeting for your team within Healthie