Enable "pre-fill" on chart notes
As you are charting on the same client over multiple sessions, you may want fields from your charting template to pre-fill from previous notes you have taken on a client. This can be useful for automatically seeing previous notes you have taken on a client, as well as building on previous chart notes in a follow-up session, as opposed to starting from scratch, which can save you time while charting on clients.
If you'd like chart notes on a client to populate information from intake forms, please use Smart Fields.
Turn on Charting Pre-fill
Navigate to Forms > Form Builder > Charting Forms. Toggle "Pre-fill" for the charting template you'd like to enable Pre-fill for.
Using Pre-fill Chart Notes
- When pre-fill is enabled for a charting template, by default, your charting note for a specific client will pre-fill from a previous session. The form will pull from the latest charting note for that patient using the same template. You are then able to build on top of these previous notes, knowing that edits that you make to the most recent chart note will only affect the CURRENT note, and will not affect previous notes.
When a form has pre-fill enabled AND has copied fields:
- If a patient does not have an existing charting note using the same template, its copied fields will pull information from the latest charting note sharing the copied fields.
- If a patient has an existing charting note using the same template, the form will pull information from the latest charting note using that same template.
- At this time, it is not possible to select only specific questions within a Charting Template to pre-fill into your Charting Template.
- At this time, Pre-fill is not available on Healthie's included ADIME note. So, if you would like to use "pre-fill" please create another charting template.
Have one template fill into another template
For example: here we clicked on Copy of the question "Describe any physical limitation or injuries". You will notice that it will Copy the box and place it under the "Copied" category under Question Banks.
Once you go through your form and copy the certain questions, next select a charting template that you already have under the Form Builder. If you want, you can build out a new charting template. Here is information on how to: Create and modify Charting Templates.
When creating a new charting template, you are going to change the questions banks Default to Copied. You will see all of the boxes you copied appear on the left-hand side, where you are going to click and drag over the boxes to the middle of the form to build out your template.