Refunding / adjusting a payment to a client
There may be instances in which you'd like to refund a payment for a client, or stop future payments within a recurring Client Package. For example, if a client decides to stop working with you, and you'd like to prevent future payments, you will want to change their subscription status.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Refund a payment (full or partial)
Healthie enables you to directly refund a client the full amount or a partial amount of a payment received through the platform. There is no charge to you, or to your client, to initiate a refund, and the full amount paid by the client will be refunded to the client, unless you indicate a partial refund. Here are instructions to do this:
- Navigate to Billing > Payments
- Select Client > Payment > [...] > Refund Payment
- Enter the amount you'd like to refund (you are able to partially refund a payment by entering an amount that is below the full paid amount)
- Click Refund
- Refunds take 5-10 business days to process, and credit will appear on the card that the client used for payment (even if that card was subsequently remove from the system). Clients will receive an email automatically, notifying them of their refund.
- Charge reversals: If you refund a client's charge within a certain window of the transaction (typically within 24 hours of the original transaction), the refund will go through in the form of a reversal. In the case of a reversal, your customer won't see a refund credit on their statement—they'll just see the original authorization drop off their statement entirely after a few days. There will be no payment, and no refund. It'll appear as if the whole transaction never happened. Their bank should be able to confirm this for them. Depending on your customer's card issuer, the original charge should have disappeared from their pending charges.
Stop Upcoming Payments
There may be instances in which you would like to stop a payment from a Client Package. This will ensure that clients are not charged for a service that they no longer need. Clients will not be charged for any recurring payments on that particular package. To do this:
- Navigate to Billing > Payments > Actions [...] > Stop Upcoming Payment
Clients will not receive an e-mail notification that you have stopped payments, so you may want to let your client know that you have made this adjustment in their account.
Documenting a Refund Check in Healthie