Eating Disorder RDs: Healthie Set Up Checklist
Healthie is used by Eating Disorder Dietitians who seek to:
- Build long-term relationships with their clients, incorporating principles of health and wellness into everyday lives
- Track nutrition and wellness while providing a safe and supportive experience for sensitive clients
- Incorporate principles of mindful & intuitive eating into care
- Offer accountability and support tools and "be there" for clients in-between sessions in a virtual yet scalable way
Healthie makes it easy for dietitians that specialize in Eating Disorder clients to run their businesses and build close relationships with clients. Healthie has built-in customizations to tailor your clients' experience on Healthie.
5 ways to configure Healthie for Eating Disorder Clients
Enable Eating Disorder Tracking Settings
Healthie also has an Eating Disorder Default Setting, that is based off of standard ED guidelines and recommendations; you can turn this on for all or some of your clients.
About the Eating Disorder Default Settings
When you choose the "Eating Disorder Default" tracking option, clients are given the option to track the follow features:
- Take pictures of food and comment
- Pre-meal Hunger (Scale of 1-10)
- Post-meal Fullness (Scale of 1-10)
- Emotion Surrounding Meal
- Reflection on Meal
Selfies are hidden
- ED clients are not prompted to take selfies
Metrics - Weight is hidden
- ED clients are not prompted to track weight within Metrics
- If you would like to still track weight internally, but not share it with your client, please check the box "Provider can view and track metric" but make sure the "Client can view and track metric" is NOT checked.
You are able to adjust these settings on a global, group, and per-client basis
- If almost all of your work is with eating disorder clients, we recommend setting the Eating Disorder Default on a global level
- If you work with a mix of client specialties, we recommend creating an "Eating Disorder" Group to tag clients and ensure they have Eating Disorder settings enabled; clients do not know or see what group they are in
Quick reactions (emojis)
- By default, providers will be prompted to use the glasses (seen) quick reaction in response to a client's food journal entry (as opposed to thumbs up, celebrate, etc)
- Clients will not see quick reactions by default unless utilized by the provider in response to a post
Customize Your Welcome Email
We recommend customizing your Welcome E-mai to ensure that text does not make reference to logging metrics and taking selfies within the platform.
Customize Intake Forms and Charting Templates
We recommend reviewing the default forms available in Healthie, and editing these forms to ensure that they will work within your type of care. For example, ensure that weight-related questions are not asked on your intake forms.
If you would like assistance with ED-specific forms, or would like our team to assist you with building out your business's forms, please e-mail us: email@example.com.
Enable photo-based food logging
Healthie's picture-based food logging lets you help your clients, without an emphasis on numbers, calories, and grams of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. This can help you support your clients as they rebuild their relationship with food.
Create Subscription Client Packages For Long-Term Care
Clients with eating disorders require long-term support; we recommend creating Packages that allow you to bundle appointments or create monthly subscription services. These options help you best help your clients by encouraging an upfront commitment for longer-term care.