Getting Started: Journal entries
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Overview: entries your clients can track
Healthie enables your clients to log food, selfies, workouts, metrics, and other pertinent health information that you may want to review. The ability for clients to journal can be turned on / off by you, and managed on a per-feature basis based on the care that you are providing. Fields are optional, and can be included / excluded by the client.
- Food: Clients can upload pictures of meals, indicate hunger levels and perceived healthiness, mark moods surrounding meals, and add comments, a description, and a reflection.
- Nutrients: Clients can log meals, including nutrient composition data, via Healthie's integration with the USDA food database.
- Metrics: Clients can log metrics that providers request, most commonly including weight, BMR, waist circumference; or create custom metrics for clients to log.
- Stool: Clients can log their stools for providers to review.
- Symptoms: Clients can log bodily symptoms.
- Water: Clients can log their water intake, and providers can set a target water goal and review logged water intake entries.
- Notes: Clients can share a written journal entry, progress update, thoughts, or more.
- Selfies: Clients can take pictures of themselves to watch progress unfold over time.
- Activity: Clients can log their workouts or activity, including type of activity and intensity.
- Integrate with Wearables: Clients can connect Healthie with devices to automatically pull in health information for your review.
When your clients log into Healthie, they will see this screen (image below). From their client dashboard, they can log any type of journal entry. However, clients usually prefer the convenience of logging journal entries from the Healthie mobile app.
Note: While clients are able to upload photos of their entries as relevant, at this time, clients cannot upload videos to their entries.
Where you can view your client's entries
- Journaling Tab: From your dashboard (on both web and mobile), you can click on the “Journal Entries” tab to view all of your clients' most recent activity on your homepage. You can filter by entry type and by client group.
- Client Profile: From a client’s profile, if you click on the “Journal” tab, you will be able to view all of the journal entries just for that specific client.
- Reports: You can generate reports for a clients' appointment history and total activity for things like the number of journal entries, goals posted, comments, and more. Learn more about the Client Activity Report.
Note: If your client's journal entry has come from Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit, or another integration, a tag will appear next to the journal entry indicating that the entry came from a sync from an external device.
Learn more about viewing journal entries, adjusting a date range, and filtering entries here.
Engaging with clients through journal entries
As a provider, you have the ability to comment or provide "quick reactions" on client's journal entries.
Comments: You can provide feedback and support directly on a client's journal entry with a comment. Clients can enable/disable whether they receive a notification when you leave a comment, by logging into their web platform > Notifications, and enabling/disabling "A provider writes a comment on a journal entry" - This is turned on by default for clients
Quick reactions: In lieu of providing a detailed comment, quick reactions may be useful to acknowledge that you've seen a post and to provide non-verbal feedback to guide a client. Clients can enable/disable whether they receive a notification when you leave a quick reaction, by logging into their web platform > Notifications, and enabling/disabling "A provider adds an emoji to a journal entry" - This is turned on by default for clients
Adjusting settings for client tracking
You can set defaults for what you'd like clients to track. Learn how to adjust these defaults on the global, group, and individual level here.
Forthcoming updates to Journal Tracking
It is on our radar to release additional capabilities to Nutrition & Lifestyle Tracking. These will include:
- Fertility / Menstrual Cycles
We will update this post when these become available.
This brief overview video walks through the core features of Healthie Journal Entries, including your client's experience with journaling -- both from the web browser and the Healthie mobile app.
Prefer to learn live?
Join a Healthie Live Class to learn more about setting up your Healthie account and engaging with clients. Make the most of the Healthie platform with these free live tutorials, open to all Healthie members.