Appointment Types (Enabling / disabling clients to book)
Healthie's Calendar gives you the power to set your weekly and ad-hoc availability, configure over 35 settings, embed Healthie onto your website, and sync the calendar with other calendars you use in your life, including iCal, Google, and Outlook. Once you set your availability, you are also able to generate sharable URL links to add Healthie into your social media accounts, newsletter lists, or directly with a specific client.
Appointment Types are a central part of the calendar configuration that allow you to showcase the sessions that you offer to clients. Appointment Types can vary in name, length, location, contact type, be one-on-one or group, and more.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create an Appointment type
Navigate to Calendar > More > Appointment Type
If you click on "Add New Type" or edit an existing Appointment Type, you will be prompted to configure settings:
Configure Appointment Types
Healthie allows you to configure your appointment types to optimize your session offerings. Specifically, you can configure:
- Name: May include titles like initial consultation, follow-up session, group appointment, free webinar
- Length: Number of minutes of your appointment type, in 5 minute increments
- Contact Type: Whether you are available by phone, in-person, or via video call for an appointment type
- Providers: Who from your organization is available for this appointment type (if you'd like this feature enabled, please email us at email@example.com)
- Locations: The office locations in which you offer this appointment type
- Bookable: Indicates whether clients are able to book an appointment type with you, or whether you will need to book these on behalf of your clients. Please note that if Clients can book is not enabled for any appointment types, your embedded calendar will not show any availability.
- Group Appointment: Whether this is a one-on-one or group session. Leave this unmarked if an appointment type is for one-on-one sessions.
- Assign Group: By booking this session, is a client automatically placed in a certain Group? This is helpful if you'd like certain clients to receive certain forms based upon them booking a session with you. Keep in mind, if you select a group, all your registrants will automatically move into the new group. Any new paperwork and/or documents you've shared with the new group will now be available to the client. To prevent a client from leaving their existing group, select "No Group." They will not move to a new group, and will retain access to all of their current group form, programs, and documents/resources.
Booking phone sessions with Healthie
Through Healthie appointments, you have the ability to set a contact type as a "Phone" call. Healthie phone sessions are not conducted through the platform. Hence, you will need to indicate your preference for how phone calls will be initiated:
- If the client should call you OR
- If you will call the client
If choosing to have clients call you, you'll need to indicate a phone number in your account settings. This number will be displayed to your client on their appointment confirmation. Again, the number you should provide is not ported through Healthie, rather it is your own personal or business/office number.
If you prefer to call clients, they will be prompted to provide their phone number during the booking flow. They will not be able to complete the booking process unless a number is given.
You can indicate your preference for conducting phone sessions on each appointment that you've created in your settings. To do so:
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon) on the top-right of your Healthie account (when logged in from the web browser)
- Calendar > Appointments > Contact Types
- Click "Edit" for the "Contact Type" section
- A side-panel settings drawer will appear.
- Make sure the box is selected next to "Phone" and indicate your preference on who should initiate the call (Phone Call Contact Type)
- Click "Save Changes"
Enable or disable clients from booking
Within Healthie, you have the option to make each individual appointment type "Bookable" by clients.
- Navigate to the Gear icon on the top right of your provider account > Settings
- Select "Appointment Types" from the menu
- Find the appointment type you'd like to adjust booking settings for > Click the actions tab (three dots) > Edit
- A side panel drawer will appear > Select or deselect the "Clients Can Book" option
If you make an appointment "Bookable" by clients, clients will see it as a visible option when viewing your calendar as well as when logged into their Healthie Client account. If disabled, clients will not see, or have the option, to book this specific appointment.