Healthie Video Calls: Camera & Microphone Permissions
Healthie's built-in, HIPAA-compliant video call (telehealth) platform is accessible from a computer, tablet, and mobile device. In order to successfully join a session, you will need to make sure that your camera and/or microphone can be accessed by the platform.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Setting up video call access from a computer
Step 1: Ensure Browser Compatibility
Healthie's video chat is accessible from computers on Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Opera. Safari's next version will support HIPAA-compliant video chat, but for now, please switch to a supported browser.
Step 2: Test your video chat
Both providers and clients will see a "Test Audio and Video" pop-up prior to launching a telehealth call. You or your client can select from the drop-down options, the correct camera option as well as the correct audio output option for your call.
A successful video connection will show a preview of yourself in the camera/video box. If you do not see your video, please try selection a difference camera option from the drop-down. If you have not give the correct permissions from your device, Healthie will intuitively prompt you to update your settings/permissions.
A successful audio connection will allow you to speak, and hear yourself on playback. Additionally, you'll see the bar of the microphone test box light up green when you speak. If you do not see the green bars, or hear yourself on playback, please try selecting a different audio output option. Again, if you have not give the correct permissions from your device, Healthie will intuitively prompt you to update your settings/permissions.
Step 3: Ensure you have given Healthie microphone and camera access
While Healthie will automatically prompt you to update your microphone/camera access permissions, you can also do so manually.
In your browser bar, on the right of www.gethealthie.com, you will see a camera icon. Click this icon to see your current settings.
If you have allowed access to your camera and microphone and are still having issues, please refresh your browser. This generally means that your microphone is not connecting to your browser (or, that the wrong microphone input is selected).
If you, or your client, have denied access to audio or camera, you will see a prompt to help you update the permissions needed. Please follow the on-screen prompts.
Step 4: Set up Share Screen Access
When you are in a video chat room, select "Set up Screenshare" - currently, this capability is only available within Google Chrome. You may need to add an extension.
Setting up video call access from a mobile device
Special instructions for Android: Here are instructions to check your app permission on your Android so you can ensure that the Healthie app has access to your microphone.
Video call action bar
- Chat: Will open the most recent conversation you've had with your client, or start a new chat if none exist. A side-panel chat window will appear, so you can simultaneously conduct your video call, and type into the chat box.
- Camera off: Clicking this button will disable your camera, meaning the client will no longer be able to see you. To turn your camera back on, click the button again.
- Mute: Clicking this button will mute YOU, meaning the client won't be able to hear you. To unmute yourself, click the button again.
- Share screen: Clicking this button will make your screen visible to the client**. To stop sharing your screen, click the button again. Note: requires a plug-in to be installed (you will be prompted for this) and requires a client to be on desktop/laptop device.
- End call button: Clicking this button exits you completely from the chat room, you will not be able to hear or see your client and vice-versa. To re-enter the chat room, click the button again.
If you're still having issues with your camera or audio during a Healthie video call, visit this troubleshooting guide or email us email@example.com.