Zoom: Creating a Zoom meeting in Healthie
Healthie's integration with HIPAA-compliant Zoom enables you to host one-on-one and group sessions with your clients and other providers in your organization.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Zoom via Healthie
- Creating a group Zoom session or webinar
- Using Zoom for an individual client session
- Adding multiple providers to a Zoom session
- Holding an internal meeting with Zoom via Healthie
- Host your Zoom group video chat or webinar
- Your client's experience during a Zoom call
- Troubleshooting Zoom
Zoom via Healthie
Healthie's integration with Zoom enables providers to conduct HIPAA-compliant group video chats, host webinars, and record sessions to subsequently, share these with clients or add to a Program within Healthie.
This integration is automatically accessible for members on Healthie's Practice Plus plan or above, without having to pay Zoom's subscription fee.
During a Zoom call, you'll have access to Zoom's features including:
- Record session
Creating a group Zoom session or webinar
Group sessions and webinars are created and launched the same way via Healthie. You'll follow the steps below, the only difference being how you title your Zoom appointment (ie. Healthy Eating Virtual Support Group vs. Healthy Eating Webinar).
Step 1: Create A Group Appointment in "Appointment Types"(Calendar > More > Appointment Types)
- Name your group/webinar (clients will see the appointment name)
- Check off "Group Appointment" box
- Check off "Clients Can Book" if you'd like this appointment to appear in your calendar for any client to join
- Choose the duration time
- Uncheck the phone and in-person contact type icons, leaving only the video icon checked
- Click "Add Appointment Type"
Step 2: Schedule Appointment On Your Calendar
Now you can book a group video call or webinar.
To create a Group Video session via Zoom, please make sure to click " Group" when selecting whether the session is Individual vs Group. From the invitee list, you can add individual clients or groups of clients.
- Navigate to Calendar > Add Appointment > Group
- Select the date and time, max number of attendees, and other information you wish you enter
- Select the Appointment Type that you created in Step 1
- Under "Contact Type," select Healthie Video Call
- Click "Create" - your Zoom session will appear on your calendar, and a Zoom link will be automatically generated for you and your client to access.
Step 3: View link generated for Zoom appointment
To view the details of the Zoom group appointment or webinar you just created, click on the appointment scheduled. You will see "Click to Join" to click to start your webinar. The "Client Video Link" is a link you can share directly with your clients to access the webinar.
Note: In the event that you are using group webinars as a marketing feature, as many do, you should note that a participant can join a Zoom link regardless of whether or not they are a Healthie client.
As part of preserving HIPAA-compliance with your Zoom meetings, each meeting will generate it's own unique ID, and it is not possible to maintain a standard room ID with Zoom via Healthie.
If you have a recurring / repeating appointment via Zoom, for example a weekly webinar series, the same Zoom link can be used by your client to join each time in that series of appointment sessions.
To learn more about how to market and share your Zoom group appointment or webinar, review this Healthie article.
Using Zoom for an individual client session
Sometimes, you will want to use Zoom for a one-on-one session with a client, for example, if you would like to record the session.
To set up a one-on-one session, use Healthie's calendar and book the appointment as per usual, except check-off "Use Zoom for Video Chat." This feature will only appear for members on our Practice Plus plan and above, our other plans utilize Healthie Video Call for individual virtual calls. To turn on Zoom for your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per with a group video chat session:
- You and your client will receive a unique link to join the video chat session.
- You and your client will see a blue bar appear in your Healthie account prior to the session, which you can click on, to join the call
- If accessing through the mobile app, you and your client will need to download the Zoom app
- Ensure you have your Appointment Confirmation & Reminder E-mails / Texts set up Learn more
- Ensure you have your e-mail and push notifications set up for Appointment Reminders Learn more
Adding multiple providers to a Zoom session
There may be instances in which you'd like to add multiple providers to a Zoom session that also includes a client.
In this instance, follow the instructions above to Add a Zoom appointment to your Calendar, and indicate the client that will be joining the session. You will also see a box to add other Organization members. Please add the members that should be included in this session.
Holding an internal team meeting with Zoom via Healthie
There may be instances in which you'd like to host an internal meeting with team members, and use your Zoom account within Healthie for this.
In this instance, please follow the instructions above to add a Zoom appointment to your calendar, but leave the "Client" name blank. Add other Organization members in the "Organization members" Box.
Please make sure that "Healthie Video Call" is chosen as the Contact Type.
When the "Create" button is pressed, the appointment will be added to the calendars of all org members who were included, and all of those org members will receive an email notification that says they've been added to a group appointment by whoever the person was that created the appointment.
When each org member looks at the appointment details in their Healthie account, they'll see a Zoom link that they can use to join the call.
- The person who creates the appointment will not see the appointment on the other org members' columns in their "Organization" calendar (even though it will appear on each org member's own calendars)
- Each org member will see a "Provider Video Link" & "Client Video Link" --> either link will work
- An Appointment Type technically needs to be associated with the appointment, but it doesn't matter which
Hosting your group video chat or webinar
Download the Zoom App (Computer or Mobile)
When clicking on the Zoom link that you've generated above, you'll be prompted to download the Zoom App. Follow these instructions to ensure that the software is downloaded appropriately on your computer.
Record Your Webinar
If you conduct a video chat, group session, or webinar through Zoom, you are able to record it for future access. To access these recordings, follow these instructions provided by Zoom.
The recording will save locally on your computer, commonly in a folder called "Zoom" -- please find this folder in order to access your recording. The recording will continue until you press "Stop" - additionally, when you exit the Zoom room, you will be asked to 'End the session".
Note on admitting participants from waiting room:
Recently, Zoom has released a security update that requires webinar hosts to "admit" all participants from a waiting room. While this feature was designed to prevent unwanted participants from joining calls, it also serves as an inconvenience, especially for those hosting large amounts of participants. As Healthie directly integrates with HIPAA-compliant Zoom, this feature automatically applied to webinars hosted by Healthie community members.
Our team has released a solution that prioritizes safety while also preventing the manual admittance work required by hosts. In our latest update, all Zoom meeting details will now include a password, which is automatically included in the URL link. Healthie clients joining a webinar or group video chat session click the "Join" link and are automatically given secure admittance to the session.
Your client's experience during a Zoom call
When a client (or you) book a video call appointment, they will automatically receive a confirmation email as well as an email appointment reminder. Adjust your appointment reminders to clients here.
For a Healthie Zoom call, your client will need to download the Zoom app prior to launching the call. You can let your client know this in advance, by sharing the Video Call FAQs client handout (listed below).
They can join the webinar from their computer or mobile device, as with any Zoom call. Within their client portal, they will also see a reminder of their upcoming appointment/webinar, with a link to click to easily launch the session.
Below you'll find some free client resources that you may want to leverage with your clients, to help introduce them both to Healthie and Video Call sessions.
- Instructions for clients to access a video call session
- Video Call FAQs for clients
- Customizable document on introducing Healthie to your clients
If you're new to Zoom, or are having issues with your Zoom call, please refer to the resources below:
Need more support? Send our team an email at email@example.com.