Zoom: Recording Video Calls
Healthie's direct integration with HIPAA-compliant Zoom comes with several features and capabilities designed to create engaging video calls and webinars. Some of these features are automatically included within Healthie's direct integration with Zoom, others can be enabled for your account on request. You can review Zoom capabilities that are available (or not available) via Healthie here.
Our integration with Zoom is available to all members on Plus Plan and above. By default this integration is active for your account (view your integrations). You do not need a personal Zoom account or subscription, and you do not need to take any action to enable Zoom.
Call recording is not a feature of Healthie's built-in video call feature. Zoom must be used for recording sessions, including 1:1 sessions.
Record a session or webinar via Zoom
If you would like to record a session via Zoom, please follow these steps to record your webinar.
- When you set your session to record, when you are completed with the session, the recording will download as an mp4 file onto your computer. You may see three versions of the file appear, including an audio only, video only, and combined audio plus video file, so please make sure to save the correct version of the recording that you'd like to use.
- This file can then be uploaded into Youtube or Vimeo, upload to your generic Documents platform, uploaded within a client's record and even added to a Program.
NOTE: Recording cannot be done from the Zoom mobile app. This is a limitation of Zoom's current capabilities.
If you do not have a session scheduled and would like to record a webinar via Zoom, for example, if you'd like to record a presentation you have created, create an appointment with yourself, which will generate a Zoom link for your use.
Your Zoom session will be stored locally on your computer. Please refer to Zoom's Support Guide for details on where you can access your file. Please note that Zoom's Cloud-recording feature allows you to store recordings of videos on the cloud, versus on your local device. Healthie's integration with Zoom is HIPAA-compliant, which places guidelines on how cloud-recording can be set up and occur on your account. Learn more here.
Access a Local Zoom Recording
Zoom saves its recordings in a local folder on your device; however, depending on the device used, the location may vary. Based on Zoom's support resources, recordings should be discoverable in the following locations for each device:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
- Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
- Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
More information about this can be found here: Finding and viewing local recordings
Sharing Your Zoom Recording
Healthie's integration with Zoom enables providers to conduct HIPAA-compliant group video chats, host webinars, and record sessions to subsequently, share these with clients or add to a Program within Healthie.
Learn more about sharing your video here.