Through Healthie's integration with Zoom, your Zoom video chat sessions and webinars will be launched through the Zoom application. If you are having any issues launching your Zoom call, we recommend that you visit the Zoom Support Site first to help troubleshoot your issues.
As a reminder, both providers and clients do need to download the Zoom app in order to launch a Zoom call through Healthie, however, you do NOT need to create an account or provide login information. When clicking on the Zoom link that you've generated in your Zoom appointment, you'll be prompted to download the Zoom App. Follow these instructions to ensure that the software is downloaded appropriately on your computer.
Issues covered in Zoom's Support Site:
- Trouble connecting to a Zoom call
- You would like to learn how to record a session and access this recording
- Camera access issues during your Zoom call
- Audio/microphone issues during your Zoom call
- You would like to learn how to share your screen during a Zoom call
Logging into a Zoom call through Healthie
When set up correctly, you will not be asked to log in when using Zoom links through Healthie.
The most common things that can cause you to be prompted for a log-in (or seeing a message Waiting for Host to Join)
- You are signed into another Zoom account. Make sure you close out any Zoom application that is opened. Restarting your computer will help.
- The host is using an incorrect link (potentially the link meant for clients)
- The link itself is invalid
Most frequently a connectivity issue arises when switching between different applications. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your camera is connected and turned on. If you use an external webcam for Zoom, check the connecting cable for damage, and try connecting it to a different USB port if possible. For wireless webcams, check your Bluetooth settings and make sure the device's battery is charged.
- Make sure your camera is selected in Zoom. During a meeting, select the up arrow next to the camera icon and make sure the desired webcam is chosen.
- Close other programs that can access your camera. Other software could be competing with Zoom for your webcam.
- Check your device settings. Go to the camera settings on your device to make sure it's not disabled.
- Check your app permissions. Make sure Zoom has permission to use your camera by going to your device's app settings.
- Update your device's drivers. Windows users should go into the Device Manager and check to make sure the camera's drivers are up-to-date.
- Update your Mac. If you're on a Mac running macOS 10.7, upgrade to a newer version of the macOS operating system.
- Change Zoom's Advanced Video Settings. Zoom provides advanced tools designed to enhance video playback, but they sometimes have the opposite result. If your video continues to be distorted, open Zoom while not in a meeting and select the Settings gear, then choose the Video tab and select Advanced to adjust these options.
- Restart your device. A reboot fixes most computer problems because it closes any ongoing processes that could be interfering with software or hardware, such as your camera.
If this issue still persists, please let us know at email@example.com
Your client's experience during a Zoom call
When a client (or you) book a telehealth appointment, they will automatically receive a confirmation email as well as an email appointment reminder. Adjust your appointment reminders to clients here.
For a Healthie Zoom call, your client will need to download the Zoom app prior to launching the call. You can let your client know this in advance, by sharing the Telehealth FAQs client handout (listed below).
Below you'll find some free client resources that you may want to leverage with your clients, to help introduce them both to Healthie and Telehealth sessions.
- Instructions for clients to access a telehealth session
- Telehealth FAQs for clients
- Customizable document on introducing Healthie to your clients
Need more support?
Send our team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.