Zoom and Healthie
Healthie's integration with with Zoom enables providers to conduct HIPAA-compliant group video chats, host webinars, and record sessions.
- FAQs: Healthie's Integration with Zoom
- Setting up a Zoom Video Chat in Healthie
FAQs: Healthie's Integration with Zoom
- What is Zoom via Healthie? Zoom via Healthie is a HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform that enables group video conferences, allows providers to host webinars, and record sessions for future use. This integration is automatically accessible for members on Healthie's Practice Plus plan or above.
- Is Healthie's integration with Zoom HIPAA-compliant? Yes, with your Healthie membership comes the HIPAA-compliant level of Zoom subscription, which is a level distinct from Zoom's out of the box consumer platform. Healthie has signed a BAA with Zoom, and there are additional levels of encryption that are applied using Zoom via Healthie.
- Do I need to purchase Zoom separately, outside of Healthie? No, your Healthie membership comes with Zoom integrated, and you do not need to purchase an account separately. If you have an existing Zoom account, you can continue to use it if you'd like, outside of Healthie (though you may find that you do not need to keep your external Zoom membership).
- What is the max number of participants in a Zoom session via Healthie? By default, 100 participants at once. However, if you require a higher limit, reach out to our support and we can expand your Zoom membership via Healthie (there may be an additional fee).
- Can Zoom sessions via Healthie be recorded? Yes, you can record sessions in Zoom via Healthie, and also elect to share these with clients.
- Can I require a password for my Zoom session? No, at this time it is not possible to require a password for your Zoom session. However, every Zoom meeting link is unique to your session.
- Can I access my Zoom login? At this time, it is not possible for providers to access their Zoom logins via Healthie.
- Will participants be able to engage with me and others during a session? You can turn on / off the ability for clients to see each other during your Zoom session, depending on how you'd like to conduct the meeting. For example, if you would like to run a Zoom session as a lecture, you can enable your video, but disable client video and audio. If you'd like to facilitate a collaborative, sharing conversation, then you can enable clients to turn on camera / microphone access.
- Will I be able to share my screen during a Zoom meeting via Healthie? Yes, you are able to share your screen.
- Can I stream my Zoom session on Facebook? At this time, it is not possible for providers to stream simultaneously on Facebook / Facebook Live, due to security restrictions in using the HIPAA-compliant version of Zoom
- Is there a time limit to Zoom meetings via Healthie? Your Zoom meeting via Healthie has no time-limit, and you are able to run meetings for as long as you'd like.
- Do participants need a Healthie login to access the Zoom session? No, this is recommended, but not required. You can share the Client Link to Join with participants that are not on Healthie, and they will be able to access the session.
- How can I control the camera and microphone of participants? As the host of the meeting, you can control the camera and microphone of participants. Here is some information on how to do so.
Setting up a Zoom Video Chat in Healthie
Review this guide to set up a Zoom Video Chat in Healthie