ClearStep and Healthie
Healthie integrates with ClearStep products to enable providers to seamlessly view client records for key health metrics, directly within Healthie.
This will enable you as a provider, or organization administrator, to view data inputs from your clients within your Healthie portal, and download Reports with aggregated information on a universal, per group, or per client basis.
Enable the Integration
By default, this integration is enabled for your provider account. You can locate it in Settings > Integrations.
- You will not see the integration appear or be able to view any client data until your client has begun to log metrics and synced the data into their Healthie profile.
- Entries added to a client's ClearStep portal prior to the connection with Healthie date will not load in a client's Healthie profile.
Clients will not see ClearStep as a sync option unless it has been enabled by their provider for their Healthie account.
Providers can make this sync option available for a client within their client settings:
- Selecting a client > Client Profile
- Within the Client Profile > Actions > Settings
- Scroll to the "Integrations" section of the Client Profile
- Select the box for ClearStep > Click Save on the top right
If you'd like to adjust the settings for an entire group of clients, or for all new clients, you can learn more about the client settings here.
ClearStep products offer clients a unique experience to monitor key health metrics and share those insights with providers. Prior to purchasing a device, we recommend clients discuss the purchase decision with their healthcare provider, to ensure that the device(s) they choose best support their care.
- ClearStep Scale: A numberless scale for clients, a powerful tool for providers. This entirely numberless virtual weight monitoring tool enables a provider to monitor weight trends as the end user sees zero feedback on weight in the digital app.
Metrics Pulled into Healthie
ClearStep will push the following data as metrics into Healthie:
- Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
Clients will NOT see this information on their device, or within Healthie. This will be logged as a metric for the provider to review within the client's profile, and is only provider-facing.
How Clients Can Sync their Device
From a client's perspective, when they log into Healthie from the mobile app, they will be prompted to connect their Healthie account with ClearStep (only if the integration has been enabled for their account by their healthcare provider).
Settings > Integrations > ClearStep
Clients will follow the on-screen prompts to complete the device sync.
View and Download Metrics
View metric entries
As a provider: Data will be entered into a client's Healthie's Journal as a metric and visible on your feed, as with all Metrics entered into Healthie. Healthie does not pull in the colors that clients see, but the actual metric values (numbers) themselves.
As a client: Client visibility to entries from Clearstep products is based on your Metrics & Visibility Settings. If you have the Eating Disorder Default Setting enabled for clients using this integration, clients will not see any data pulled from the ClearStep suite of products.
Download metric entries
As an organization administrator or provider with this integration enabled, you will be able to pull a report of entries, for a specific date range. This will be available to you in the Metrics Report for CSV download, where you will be able to filter data on a per client, per group, and aggregate basis.
Information on the Sync
- Devices will sync data onto Healthie once a day, every day in the morning.
- After your client syncs their Device with Healthie, entries will take 24 hours to first appear.
- If there are day lapses between entries, it means that the client did not utilize their device, or that ClearStep did not record the data to their online servers.
- The sync will NOT pull in historical metrics, from before the time your clients synced their device with the Healthie Platform. It is on our radar to allow for this, and we will update this post when that becomes available.
- We recommend creating a Daily Goal to remind your client to step onto their bluetooth scale.
- For ClearStep, we recommend setting a goal for weighing in that aligns with your treatment plan for the client.
- If you are working with a pediatric eating disorder client, we recommend checking out our guide to working with families as you enable parents to have select access to view metrics and other information.
- You have the option to enable / disable the ability for your clients to view the Metrics added via Clearstep scales. As part of setting up your Journal Settings, you have an option to have your client be able to view the metrics entries that you may make, on a clients behalf, or to turn this feature off entirely. Many Eating Disorder professionals elect to turn this off, such that you are able to keep track of metrics like weight, but clients do not see these entries or the numbers. You can set that up here.