Shapa / ClearStep and Healthie
Healthie integrates with Shapa & ClearStep products to enable providers to seamlessly view client records for key health metrics, directly within Healthie.
This will enable you as a provider, or organization administrator, to view data inputs from your clients within your Healthie portal, and download Reports with aggregated information on a universal, per group, or per client basis.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to access the integration
By default, this integration is enabled for your provider account. You can locate it in Settings > Integrations.
- You will not see the integration appear or be able to view any client data until your client has begun to log metrics and synced the data into their Healthie profile.
- Entries added to a client's Shapa / ClearStep portal prior to the connection with Healthie date will not load in a client's Healthie profile.
- The same tech integration is used to connect Shapa + Clearstep with Healthie. The integration is currently named "Clearstep" for both categories of products, so your clients will see the product Clearstep when they have the integration enabled, even when they use a Shapa device.
Overview of Shapa & ClearStep Products
ClearStep products offer clients a unique experience to monitor key health metrics and share those insights with providers. Prior to purchasing a device, we recommend discussing this decision with your healthcare provider, to ensure that the device(s) you choose support your care.
- ClearStep Scale: A numberless scale for clients, a powerful tool for providers. This entirely numberless virtual weight monitoring tool enables a provider to monitor weight trends as the end user sees zero feedback on weight in the digital app.
- Shapa BP: A wireless blood pressure monitor and digital app that allows a client to take a blood pressure reading and see their measurement result immediately.
- As an alternate option, Shapa BP offers a two-week numberless experience where a client takes measurements, receives no immediate feedback, and Shapa calculates the average BP for that individual.
- Can be used as an ambulatory BP monitoring and diagnostic tool for providers monitoring blood pressure to screen for white coat effect and masked hypertension
- Shapa Scale: A numberless, screenless scale that pairs with a digital app to provide feedback on the weight trend towards a client’s personal weight goal. Feedback is provided through a patented 5-color feedback model looking at the client’s weight trend to inform them if their weight trend is heading towards the desired goal.
Metrics Pulled into Healthie
ClearStep / Shapa Scale
ClearStep / Shapa Scales will push the following data as metrics into Healthie:
- Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
[Not yet live - In Development] Shapa Blood Pressure (BP)
When this feature becomes available, Shapa BP will push the following data as metrics into Healthie:
- Systolic Pressure
- Diastolic Pressure
How to enable the sync for a client
Clients will not see Shapa or Clearstep as a sync option unless it has been enabled by their provider for their account.
Providers can do so by:
- Selecting a client > Client Profile
- Within the Client Profile > Actions > Settings
- Scroll to the "Integrations" section of the Client Profile
- Select the box "Clearstep (Shapa)" > Click Save on the top right
If you'd like to adjust the settings for an entire group of clients, or for all new clients, you can learn more about the client settings here.
How clients can sync their devices with Healthie
From a client's perspective, when they log into Healthie from their computer, or web browser on their phone, they will be prompted to connect their Healthie account with Shapa / ClearStep (only if the integration has been enabled for their account by their healthcare provider)
From a web browser:
Log into Healthie from their web browser (e.g., Safari or Chrome), go to Menu > Integrations > Shapa/Clearstep
From the Healthie mobile app:
When logged into the Healthie mobile app, clients can navigate to Settings > Integrations > Connect Clearstep
View and download metric entries
View metric entries
As a provider: Data will be entered into a client's Healthie's Journal as a metric and visible on your feed, as with all Metrics entered into Healthie. Healthie does not pull in the colors that clients see, but the actual metric values (numbers) themselves.
As a client: Client visibility to entries from Shapa / Clearstep products is based on your Metrics & Visibility Settings. If you have the Eating Disorder Default Setting enabled for clients using this integration, clients will not see any data pulled from the Shapa / ClearStep suite of products.
Download metric entries
As an organization administrator or provider with this integration enabled, you will be able to pull a report of entries, for a specific date range. This will be available to you in the Metrics Report for CSV download, where you will be able to filter data on a per client, per group, and aggregate basis.
Information on the sync
- Devices will sync data onto Healthie once a day, every day in the morning.
- After your client syncs their Device with Healthie, entries will take 24 hours to first appear.
- If there are day lapses between entries, it means that the client did not utilize their device, or that ClearStep / Shapa did not record the data to their online servers.
- The sync will NOT pull in historical metrics, from before the time your clients synced their device with the Healthie Platform. It is on our radar to allow for this, and we will update this post when that becomes available.
Best practices and recommendations
- We recommend creating a Daily Goal to remind your client to step onto their bluetooth scale.
- For ClearStep, we recommend setting a goal for weighing in that aligns with your treatment plan for the client.
- If you are working with a pediatric eating disorder client, we recommend checking out our guide to working with families as you enable parents to have select access to view metrics and other information.
- You have the option to enable / disable the ability for your clients to view the Metrics added via Shapa/Clearstep scales. As part of setting up your Journal Settings, you have an option to have your client be able to view the metrics entries that you may make, on a clients behalf, or to turn this feature off entirely. Many Eating Disorder professionals elect to turn this off, such that you are able to keep track of metrics like weight, but clients do not see these entries or the numbers. You can set that up here.