Working with Families & Children in Healthie
Healthie is designed to be customizable and flexible when working across specialties and patient populations. Healthie can be used by providers working in pediatrics, nonprofits, nursing homes and elderly care, coordinated care management, and more.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Ways to Work with Families in Healthie
- Add a Contact to a Client's Account to Receive Notifications
- Link Client Accounts to Indicate Relationship
- Indicate an Emergency Contact for a Client Account
- Customize the Client Portal & Notifications for Minors
- Schedule a Group Appointment for Families
- Fullscript with Family and Linked Accounts
- Forthcoming Updates for Family Support
Ways to Work with Families in Healthie
- A caregiver, parent, or guardian needs to receive notifications or Superbills on behalf of a client you are working with
- You are working with pediatric clients and need to have access to CDC / WHO growth charts for weight and height
- Multiple family members share one single e-mail address
- And much more
If you work with children, we suggest that you review our Pediatric Workflows article, to better understand how you can leverage Healthie to streamline your workflows when it comes to working with minors and their family members.
Add a Contact to a Client's Account to Receive Notifications
There are instances in which you would like to notify an individual, in addition to the client that you are working with, about important status updates. These may include appointment confirmations, reminders, copies of Superbills, and other updates. In this instance, you can add an additional email to receive notifications that Healthie sends on your behalf.
- For example, if you are working with a pediatric client, you may want both parent and child to receive notifications.
- For example, if you are working with an elderly client, you may need a caregiver or guardian to receive notifications.
Learn how to add a contact to a client account.
Link Client Accounts to Indicate Relationship
If you work with multiple family members, you are able to link client accounts to indicate a relationship.
Learn how to link client accounts.
Indicate an Emergency Contact for a Client
Follow the steps to add a contact to a client account. When adding a contact, check the box to indicate they should be an emergency contact.
Within the client's profile > Client Info > Family and Contacts, the provider will see an indicator of any contacts that are designated as emergency contacts
Customize the Client Portal & Notifications for a Minor
When working with a minor client, it may be preferred that the client do not see certain features within their account (ie. Billing & Payments) or receive certain notifications (ie. payment notifications).
This can be customized by adjusting the Client Portal Settings for their account.
Navigate to your client's profile > Actions > Settings > Client Portal Settings
Disabling profile features (ie. View and Pay Bills) will automatically prevent any corresponding notification emails from sending to the client email on file.
Note: If you've added a contact or linked a family member and indicated that you'd like them to receive email notifications on behalf of the client, they will only receive notifications that the client also receives. So if a minor's account is disabled from receiving payment notifications, the contact will also not receive these related emails.
Alternatively, you can collect payments from family members, send an invoice to a family member, or send a PDF version of a Superbill as needed.
Scheduling Group Appointments for Families
In certain cases, you may need to schedule group appointments for families who have multiple accounts. If each family member is an active client within Healthie (ie. you're working with a couple, and you've create a client account for both). You'll need to create a group appointment type in your calendar settings. You can then manually add session to your calendar, and add your clients to the appointment.
Note: It is not possible to share a credit card across family profiles, you will need to enter the credit card on file for each family member's account.
If you'd like to set up a group video call for a couple, or for several family members, follow the steps outlined here.
Note: Group video calls is available on our Plus Plan and above, and is hosted through HIPAA-compliant Zoom.
Fullscript with Family and Linked Accounts
If you are interested in leveraging the Fullscript integration with a Family account, please note that you can have one fullscript account per email address. If you have a family account within Healthie, we recommend reaching out to Fullscript support to confirm that you are linking the correct Healthie family account e-mail address with your Fullscript account.
Forthcoming Updates to Family Support
Additional planned releases include the ability to:
- Give someone certain access to an account that they’re linked to, such as for a parent to handle billing for a child’s account
- Restrict someone’s access to certain features within their own account, such as a child not seeing anything related to billing within their account