Families & Pediatrics
- You are working with pediatric clients and need to have access to CDC / WHO growth charts for weight and height
- A caregiver, parent, or guardian needs to have restricted access and/or receive notifications on behalf of a client you are working with
- Multiple family members have one single e-mail address
This is useful in instances including pediatrics, nonprofits, nursing homes and elderly care, coordinated care management, and more.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Pediatric Growth Charts available in Healthie
Healthie has the CDC (2-20 years) & WHO (0 - 2 years) pediatric growth charts that you can use within Metrics. This enables you to visually track height and weight growth percentiles over time.
To enable this:
- Navigate to Settings > Entries
- Check the "Height Growth Chart" and "Weight Growth Chart" boxes
You are able to enable these on a universal, group, or client-level.
Adding an additional contact to a client's profile
There are instances in which you would like to notify an individual, in addition to the client that you are working with, about important status updates. These may include appointment confirmations, reminders, and other updates about your work). In this instance, you can add an additional email to receive notifications that Healthie sends on your behalf.
- For example, if you are working with a pediatric client, you may want both parent and child to receive notifications.
- For example, if you are working with an elderly client, you may need a caregiver or guardian to receive notifications.
To add an associated family member or contact:
- Navigate to Clients > Select your client
- Click Actions in their profile menu
- Under "Client Info" expand the "Family and Contacts" section.
A side-panel drawer will display with options to:
- Document name, email, phone number for an associated contact
- Indicate relationship to client
- Dictate if the associated contact is an adult or a minor
- Set contact as an emergency contact
- Send contact email notifications related to the client (if this checkbox is enabled, the contact will receive a copy of every email notification that the client receives, such as appointment confirmations, reminders, payment receipts, and more.)
Note: This contact does not have the ability to log into the Healthie portal (so, they will be unable to view documents, program materials, intake forms, etc). Moreover, they would not be able to log into the web platform or mobile app with their credentials. We are adding this capability in a forthcoming update, and will update this post when this becomes available.
Working with families / Linking Client Accounts
If you work with multiple family members, you are able to link client accounts to indicate a relationship. Family members can either have the same e-mail address, or a different e-mail address.
If you'd like to associated/link an existing client account with another client account (new or existing) you may do so by navigating to their Client Profile > Actions > Client Info > Family and Contacts > + Link Client Account
You'll see the option to either select an existing client from within your Healthie account, or to add a new client account.
1) Linking an existing client
Client Profile > Actions > Client Info > Family and Contacts > + Link Client Account > Select Existing Client
Search for and find your client from the list and then click "Select Existing Client" button
You will not be able to modify any details about the existing client (ie. name and email) but you will be able to add the following details:
- Client Type: adult or minor
- Family Member
- Legal Guardian
- Option to make contact an Emergency Contact
- Option to send [Client] email notifications related to [Original Client]: this will ensure that any automatic emails that send from the Healthie platform (ie. appointment confirmations, reminders, invoices, etc) will be duplicated and sent to the email address of the linked client.
Click "Link Client Account" when finished.
2) Linking a new client account
Client Profile > Actions > Client Info > Family and Contacts > + Link Client Account > Select Existing Client > "Add New Client"
Complete the new client's details > Click "Add New Client"
The option to send the client an Invite Email via Healthie is automatically selected (you may deselect if you prefer). The client will automatically receive a welcome email, inviting them to create a password and log into their Healthie Client Portal.
Contacts and linked client accounts can be edited at any time. Click the actions tab (three dots) next to the contact, and select the option to "Edit" or "Remove Linked Client Account." This must be done from the client's account that was utilized to initially make the link.
You'll now see an indicator that an account is linked to another, both from your Client List and from a Client's Profile. Hovering over the "Linked" icon will show the details about who the client account is linked to, and what the relationship is. Learn more.
If family members are using the same e-mail address: Family members are able to toggle between their Healthie accounts if using the same email address. Learn how clients can Switch Profiles.
Customizing the patient portal & notifications for minor
When working with a minor client, it may be preferred that the client do not see certain features within their account (ie. Billing & Payments) or receive certain notifications (ie. payment notifications).
This can be customized by adjusting the Client Portal Settings.
Navigate to your client's profile > Actions > Settings > Client Portal Settings
Disabling profile features (ie. View and Pay Bills) will automatically prevent any corresponding notification emails from sending to the client email on file.
Forthcoming updates to family support
Additional planned releases include the ability to:
- Give someone certain access to an account that they’re linked to, such as for a parent to handle billing for a child’s account
- Restrict someone’s access to certain features within their own account, such as a child not seeing anything related to billing within their account