Automatically Send Forms after an Appointment is Booked or Occurs
Healthie enables providers to automatically and electronically collect health information, e-signatures, payment details (including payment cards and insurance information), and other customizable forms directly from clients via our Intake Forms feature.
There are two ways to trigger forms to be sent automatically to your clients:
- Create an Intake Flow that sends to clients once they are added to a certain Group: This is used to create an onboarding flow for new clients, where a series of forms are requested (ie. HIPAA Agreement, Billing form, Financial Policies and waivers, etc).
- Trigger a form to send after a specific session is booked or has occurred. We recommend using this workflow if there are particular form(s) that you'd like a client to complete, such as a testimonial release form, pre-session survey, or post-session survey. Every time this session is booked or completed, a blank version of the form will send to the client to complete.
In this article, we'll walk through #2, how to automatically request forms to send after a session has been booked or has occurred.
Separately, Healthie also offers the ability to send out forms on an "ad hoc" basis. Here is more information on how to request a form completion.
Scheduling a Form to send After-Booking or After-Appointment
Scheduling forms to send post-booking or post-session can enhance your workflow by reducing the amount of manual work required to collect relevant information. Moreover, there may be instances in which you want to collect specific information surrounding a specific appointment type (e.g., a COVID-19 waiver before an in-person session, a post-appointment satisfaction survey, a consent form for a specific appointment, or something else).
To enable a post-booking or post-session:
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Appointment Types
- Locate your Appointment Type > Click the Actions tab (three dots) > Edit
From the "Edit" screen of your appointment type, you'll see two ways to "Schedule Content" related to this session:
- After Booking: this automation will trigger an email request to complete form(s) immediately after the provider OR client books this appointment. Forms here can be specific to the appointment-type, and can be used to collect additional information outside of an intake flow. Use-case example - if you offer a group appointment and want any enrolled participants to complete a Virtual Group Consent form.
- After Appointment: scheduling content here would trigger an email request to complete form(s) AFTER the appointment has been marked as "Occurred" from your calendar. Use-case examples - send a patient satisfaction survey, or testimonial release form.
To schedule a form:
- To add a form, select "Schedule" next to the option you prefer. You can trigger scheduled content/forms to send both after book AND after appointment if needed. Multiple forms can be added as well.
- Find your form from the drop-down list > Schedule
Repeat the steps above if you'd like to schedule multiple post-session forms. As a reminder, the form itself does not send, but clients will receive an email requesting them to complete the form. This email will prompt them to sign into their Healthie Client Portal, and complete the requested paperwork. Additionally, the form will not send until you have marked the appointment as "Occurred" in your Healthie calendar.
You can edit or remove scheduled content by clicking the Actions Tab (three dots) next to the scheduled form.
Note: You may also see other post-session booking emails/automations listed. If you have appointment reminders set up, for example, you'll see that after booking a session that an "automated appointment reminder" email will be triggered to send. These details are meant to give providers more insight into the automations that occur on behalf of your business -- and to better understand what communication clients will receive.