Create / edit intake forms for clients to complete online
Healthie's intake form system makes it easy for providers to automatically collect health information, e-signatures, payment details (credit cards and insurance), and other forms needed for care.
This article walks through:
- Options for accessing built intake forms (or pull from our library, have our team assist you)
- Building your own intake forms in Healthie using Form Builder
- Leveraging "Smart Fields" that will pre-populate in the platform and on Charting Templates
- Editing an existing Intake Form
- Copying an existing Intake Form
- Printing a PDF version of your Intake Form (Blank)
Options for accessing built intake forms
- Healthie library has common intake forms which our providers can leverage - you can add these to your account directly.
- Leverage forms from your graduate, affiliate, or specialty program (e.g., IFNA, LEAP, IIN, FMCA) - Healthie can add these to your account, if you e-mail email@example.com with the forms or graduate programs you want).
- Build your own forms (instructions below)
- E-mail your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org for our team to build them on your behalf (note: there is a turnaround time of 7-10 business days for forms that you request our team to build on your behalf. While there is no extra fee for Healthie to build forms for you, we reserve the right to limit the number of pages for a specific account).
Note: You will need to add your forms to an INTAKE FLOW before they will be shared with clients.
Building your own intake forms in Healthie using Form Builder
- From the main Healthie dashboard, click "Forms" > "Form Builder"
- Enter the name of the form that you'd like to build
- Click "Submit"
You will then be taken to the form builder portal. Use the menu of question types, and drag and drop the template of the question you wish to add to your form.
Then, click "Edit" to change the name of the question you would like to add.
You then need to add forms to an "Intake Flow" in order for clients to automatically receive your intake forms, when you add them to the Healthie system.
Leveraging "Smart Fields" that will pre-populate in the platform and on Charting Templates
If you pull questions from the Question Banks within the Form Builder, e.g., do NOT create your own Question, information will pre-populate within a Client's Profile Automatically. Some examples of this include:
- If you use the field "Physician information" It will Populate in Client Settings when the client enters this
- If you use the field "Phone number" it will Populate on the Client Overview Page when the client enters this
Editing an existing Intake Form
- Select the form you'd like to make an edit to
- Within the question roster that already exists on that form, click on "Edit" or "Delete" and you'll be able to make direct modifications to that form.
Copying an existing Intake Form
There may be instances in which you would like to copy an existing intake form. These reasons could include:
- You want to modify an intake form without affecting the experience of clients who have already completed it
- You may want to customize a form for each specific client, while using your base template
- You may want to request that clients complete the same form more than one-time, e.g., on a regular cadence
In any of these instances, Healthie enables you to copy an existing intake form. To do this, please navigate to: Forms > Form Builder > Select Form > More > Copy. You will then see a duplicate form appear in your Forms > Form Builder section when you navigate back to that screen.
Printing a PDF version of your intake form (Blank)
To print a PDF of your intake form, please select the form, press "Preview" - you will see a button called "Generate PDF"