Text message (SMS) notifications
Healthie makes it easy to automatically send text (SMS) reminders to clients for upcoming appointments. There is no additional charge for appointment confirmation and reminder texts, and there is no limit to the number of messages that can be sent on your behalf.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Setting up text reminders for appointments
In addition to sending email appointment reminders to your clients, you can also automate text appointment reminders. You can customize the frequency of these reminders within your settings, or disable them altogether. Text reminders can be especially powerful for clients who do not currently have an email address on file.
To adjust your client text (SMS) appointment reminders:
- Navigate to the Gear icon on your provider dashboard > Select "Settings"
- Click "Appointments" in the left-hand menu under "Calendar"
- Scroll down to the category "What reminders do you want your clients to receive about an appointment?"
Select "Send text reminder" for the day(s) in advance that you'd like to have an SMS message go out on your behalf
Phone number information for SMS
- Texts are sent from a No-Reply, Generic Phone number
- Clients cannot respond to these SMS messages
- Healthie does not yet offer the ability to customize the phone number of your SMS message. This will be offered in a future update. Appointment confirmations and reminders are sent from a No Reply Generic Phone number, and clients cannot respond to these texts.
- Text reminders cannot currently be customized
- All text reminders are sent out around 1:30pm EST each day. If an appointment is scheduled for the following day, but after that time, no text reminder is sent (email reminders will still be sent).
Client opt-out for text reminders
Clients can opt out of text reminders at any time by replying "Stop" or "Unsubscribe"
Asking clients to confirm a session via SMS
If you'd like to enable clients to reply "YES" or "NO" to confirm or request to cancel a session, please message our support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can enable this for you. This is available on Practice Plus subscription levels and above.
If you enable this, in addition to appointment information, clients will see "Reply Y to confirm or N to cancel".
When they reply to that, they get a confirmation action based on the action they chose, or "We did not understand your response. Please send Y to confirm, and N to cancel" if they did not send Y or N.