Getting Started: Healthie E-Fax
E-fax continues to be one of the most consistently reliable, HIPAA-compliant and secure ways to transmit client health information between clinicians and across organizations. Healthie's built-in, HIPAA-compliant E-fax makes it easy to:
- Follow-up with physicians, other healthcare providers, therapists, and hospitals: Send chart notes, lab reports, intake forms, and documents following a session related to client care
- Receive referrals and chart note documents: Providers are given their own, unique E-fax phone number that can be shared with other providers & organizations. A physical fax machine is not required.
Healthie's E-fax platform can receive faxes from traditional (physical) fax machines AND other E-fax lines.
Accessing your E-fax line via Healthie
- Unlimited outbound (sending) faxes are included in all Healthie plans. These faxes are sent from a generic number that cannot receive faxes. At this time, our E-Fax partner allows faxes to be sent to U.S. and Canadian numbers.
- Inbound (receiving) faxes, which require a unique fax line number, is included in Healthie's Practice Plus plan and above. Alternatively, you can purchase an e-fax line for $9.99 / month if you are on another Healthie plan by e-mailing email@example.com with the subject line "Purchase my fax line"
Details about setting up a Unique E-Fax Number
- To purchase and activate your unique fax number through Healthie, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Purchase my fax line" - this process typically takes 2-3 business days, and you will receive an e-mail with your fax number when this process has been completed. At that time, you will be set up to receive faxes through the platform.
- Requesting a local number with a specific area code usually takes 4-6 weeks to process.
- Porting your existing fax number to Healthie: If you have an existing fax number that you would like to port over, we will make every effort to do so, though we cannot guarantee that this process will be successful, as it depends on your current carrier.
- Depending on the fax carrier you currently use, this process for a port request may take 1-2 months to be completed
- You will need to:
- E-mail email@example.com with your fax number, and a copy of your most recent bill
- Confirm with your carrier that they enable porting of numbers.