Overview of Healthie E-Faxing
Healthie's built-in e-faxing makes it easy for providers to:
- Follow-up with physicians, therapists, and hospitals: Healthie providers send charting notes, lab reports, and documents following a session.
- Receive physician referrals: Healthie providers can have their own, unique e-fax phone number through Healthie and share this number with other healthcare providers.
Here are some facts about Healthie's built-in e-faxing platform:
- Healthie's e-faxing platform is HIPAA-compliant. This facilitates secure communication across healthcare providers.
- Healthie's e-faxing platform can receive faxes from traditional (physical) fax machines AND other e-fax lines
- Healthie's e-faxing platform can be used to send and receive documents, lab reports, client charts, intake forms, and uploaded documents.
- There is no limit to the number of e-faxes a provider can send and receive on the Healthie e-faxing platform.
- Outbound (sending) faxes are included in all Healthie plans
- Inbound (receiving) faxes, which require a unique fax line number, is included in Healthie's Practice Plus plan and above. Alternatively, you can purchase an e-fax line for $9.99 / month if you are on another Healthie plan by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Purchase my fax line"
Setting up your e-fax line through Healthie
- To purchase and activate your unique fax number through Healthie, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line "Purchase my fax line" - this process typically takes 1-2 business days, and you will receive an e-mail with your fax number when this process has been completed. At that time, you will be set up to receive faxes through the platform.
- Porting your existing fax number to Healthie: If you have an existing fax number that you would like to port over, we will make every effort to do so, though we cannot guarantee that this process will be successful, as it depends on your current carrier. You will need to
- You will need to:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your fax number, and a copy of your most recent bill
- Confirm with your carrier that they enable porting of numbers.
- You will need to:
Sending a fax
You can find instructions on how to send a fax by reading this article - https://help.gethealthie.com/article/24-sending-a-document-or-chart-note-via-e-fax
sFax only allows outbound faxes to U.S and Canada