Use Healthie at Your University
Healthie enables universities to deliver programs virtually and/or on-site, to expand scope of services offered, track outcomes, streamline reporting requirements, and increase program participation and engagement. Healthie enables real-time communication within an organization and with participants. Healthie can be used as a standalone platform, or in conjunction with existing technology solutions, as an added client engagement suite.
Ways to Use Healthie for Universities
Offer Campus Telehealth Services
Healthie’s HIPAA-compliant telehealth services will support your efforts in sharing health and wellness services with your student body. Telehealth gives you the ability to hold sessions with students virtually. Being able to hold appointments online allows flexibility and is much more convenient for your students, due to their demanding school schedules.
Some ways to leverage telehealth at your university:
- One-on-one appointments: Virtual 1:1 appointments can be held in place of in-person appointments with individual clients. Telehealth allows practitioners to focus on one patient at a time, for a designated amount of time. Providers can seamlessly transition from patient to patient and dedicate all of their attention to the individual and their intervention, which can support improved patient health outcomes.
- Group support sessions: Support from a provider is a powerful motivator for patients; but, when students can receive support from those in a similar position, they are increasingly likely to improve health outcomes and make positive progress. Offering virtual group sessions can provide this additional layer of support for your students.
- Educational webinars: Webinars are another great service that can help you educate more students on health and wellness topics of interest. You can offer webinars on a variety of topics, like meal planning, keeping stress low during finals week, how to use the Healthie app, and more. Students have an opportunity to learn about additional topics related to their health and get extra support from others through these webinars.
Learn how to get started with Healthie telehealth here.
Create Online Wellness Programming
Online programs can be an extremely effective tool for sharing information with students virtually. Using Healthie’s Programs feature, providers can easily create customized programs for students to complete at their leisure and from the comfort of their homes. Within Programs, providers can add videos, documents, modules, and surveys for students to complete, as well as easily monitor client progress from the Healthie platform.
With Healthie, you can easily build an educational program on specific topics, such as how to prepare meals in a dorm room, a new student fitness program, managing stress on campus, etc. Students can enroll in the program and work at their own pace through the modules, surveys, and activities. Programs can last for multiple months, with associated recurring payments.
Healthie’s Program feature allows providers to curate short term programs, or challenges, that work for your students. This tool is highly customizable to meet your particular workflow needs and can be used for delivering content, distributing emails and videos, and overall, building long-term relationships with your students. Importantly, the programs feature within Healthie enables your students to access materials within their portal, and also discover and enroll in programs that may be a fit for their health and wellness needs:
- Create programs with a fixed start and end date for programs that you’d like to run for a certain time period or can have open enrollment for signature programs.
- Create all of the materials for your health challenge in advance and schedule out the timely release of emails, videos and documents to keep your patients on track.
- Engage with program members through secure online chat or group chats
- Run a program alongside food & lifestyle tracking
- Schedule pre- and post- program electronic surveys to collect program data & demonstrate improved health outcomes
Increase Student Engagement via Wellness Services
Aside from educational resources, Healthie’s comprehensive client engagement suite allows providers to engage with students in-between sessions, to monitor progress. As a wellness professional, facilitating change takes more than one consultation. Building a rapport is crucial, so that students trust you and your process, to create lasting outcomes. Engaging with your students as you work together lets you give them the feedback and support they need to stay motivated and make changes. You’ll find that as you engage with them, retention is improved, and a real trusting relationship can be established. Leverage features such as HIPAA-compliant chat, metrics logging, and journaling to increase accountability and improve health outcomes.
- HIPAA-Compliant Chat: Healthie's chat feature enables you to securely message and communicate with your students, from within the web platform, and through the mobile apps. With Healthie's chat feature, you can message your students one-on-one, create group chats, send message blasts, and even message other wellness providers at your university. Read more about how to set up Healthie chat here.
- Journal Logging: Healthie's Journaling feature enables students to log key nutrition and lifestyle information into their platform. As a provider, you are able to customize this experience for your students, as well as view, comment, and react to client entries as part of providing longitudinal engagement with your clients to augment care. Available journal entries include:
- Photo food journaling: Students can take pictures of meals, indicate hungriness and healthiness, special settings for eating disorders, write comments, write a description, and a reflection.
- Nutrient tracking: Students can log meals via Healthie's integration with the USDA food database. Read more about nutrient tracking.
- Notes: Students can share a written journal entry, symptom, progress update, thoughts or more.
- Selfies: Students can take pictures of themselves and watch progress unfold over time.
- Activity: Students can log their workouts or activity, including type of activity and intensity.
- Symptoms: Students can log bodily symptoms, such as headache, GI distress, rash, etc.
- Water: Students can log their daily water intake. Providers can set a target water goal, and review logged water intake entries.
- Stool (Poop): Students can log their stools, by describing the shape/color and leave custom comments.
- Goal Setting: With Healthie's Goal Setting Feature, wellness providers and students can:
- Create daily, weekly and one-time goals (and subgoals)
- Visit a student’s chart to see all current, and past, goals
- Monitor a student’s success by seeing goal completion rates for each day, and each goal
- From their portal, students can check off completed goals or subgoals
- Students can receive in-app or email reminders to complete goals, and wellness providers can adjust the frequency of these notifications
- Be motivated towards consistently achieving goal completion streaks
- Care Plans: Healthie's Care Plans feature enables providers and organizations to apply common protocols and methods of care to students, while still facilitating the customization/personalization that may happen on a per-client basis. Within a Care Plan, you can add wellness recommendations, upload documents for students to access, automatically set goals, and more.
- Documents: The Documents feature within Healthie enables providers to store and share educational resources, recipes, meal plans, and industry handouts. Healthie Documents replace the need for you to keep a local folder on a computer, and can act as a "Google Drive" or "Dropbox" for you, as you build the repository of materials needed in your business. For group practices and organizations, documents become a powerful tool for cross-collaboration, as providers can share resources with each other to save time and streamline operations. You can import documents from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and even take a picture from your phone on the Healthie Mobile app and store these in your Documents platform.
Enhance Learning In the Classroom for Nutrition & Wellness Students
In another vein, educators can use Healthie to build a curriculum to provide real-world experience for nutrition students. It can be used as a tool to help nutrition students learn, and educators teach the fundamentals of providing MNT counseling to students.
Here is an example set of lesson plans to implement in your classroom for nutrition students:
- Lesson 1: Charting (ADIME & SOAP) → Using Healthie’s built-in templates, students can learn about common charting formats, how to properly chart on a patient during a session, and practice working with an EHR.
- Lesson 2: Intake Forms → Again using Healthie’s templates, students can discover the most important intake forms to use in different clinical settings, how the information from an intake form is leveraged, and how to properly store intake information.
- Lesson 3: ICD-10 and CPT codes → With Healthie’s insurance billing features, students can see and study all of the available billing codes, modifiers, and diagnostic codes available to use.
- Lesson 4: CMS-1500 and Superbills → Insurance billing is an extremely important part of clinical nutrition. Within Healthie, students can practice building CMS-1500s and Superbills using patient case studies, identify errors in their work, and develop a high level of understanding of insurance billing.
- Lesson 5: Case Studies → Professors can take textbook case studies and ask students to walk through the process of working with the patient through Healthie, to synthesize all of the information learned.
Run Analytics & Reporting
Tracking student outcomes using healthcare data analytics from metrics, chart notes, and journals allow you not only to identify current trends within your clients but also to predict future outcomes and trends. If you work with a specific student population with similar health conditions, tracking past patient data can help you determine the best interventions to implement with your current participants. These reports administered are valuable in demonstrating the outcomes achieved by your services to stakeholders in your organization.
Healthie’s Reports are leveraged by providers and organizations that seek to have critical metrics at their fingertips and can be used to draw business insights, better market services to prospective participants, share outcomes with stakeholders and partners, and aggregate survey responses to assess client engagement and satisfaction.
Data can be pulled and generated in a CSV file or available directly via Healthie’s API. The type of information available includes client information and activity, client metrics and health outcomes, appointment history, and statuses (including no-show rates, most common appointment types, credits, etc), payment information (Bank transfers, Superbills, CMS 1500 data).