Assistant Implementation Guide: Healthie
This guide is intended for Assistants & Billers working alongside our organizations to successfully implement Healthie. This guide outlines calendaring and billing best practices to help you learn Healthie, and optimize your use of the platform to increase efficiency and improve workflows of your day to day operations.
We recommend reading through this guide, watching our getting started videos, and joining our live classes (small group sessions) to meet with colleagues and learn the details of the system. Bookmark this overview, as you will continue to reference this overview as you learn Healthie.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
About Healthie and Logging in
Healthie is a cloud-based, web and mobile platform for health and wellness professionals and the organizations they work with.
If you have received an invite from your account administrator, you will be asked to set a password. Your username is your e-mail address. You will then automatically have access to core Healthie features: Calendaring, Documents, Intake Forms, Client Profiles, Chat (including internal chats for your organization), and more.
We recommend viewing Healthie University videos to get familiar with the platform.
Healthie Privacy and Security
Healthie is HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR Compliant. Healthie Security and Privacy Overview here.
Importing data into Healthie
If you are interested in importing data from your existing platform to Healthie, please review this guide: Import data from another platform
Within Healthie's calendar, as an assistant role, you are able to:
- View the schedules and availability of each provider in your organization
- Book appointments on behalf of any provider in your organization
- Automate appointment confirmation and reminder e-mails (and adjust over 25 other settings with the calendar)
Out of pocket payments
Healthie enables you to Charge for out of pocket services where payments go to the bank account your organization has on file.
Insurance billing overview
We have built powerful automations to enable billers that use Healthie to streamline operations, store information securely within the portal, and electronically submit to clearinghouses like Office Ally. Healthie enables you to:
- Generate Superbills
- Create and share invoices
- Store Insurance Authorization Information
- Generate CMS 1500 forms (with information pre-filling based on having it elsewhere in system)
- Electronically submit and track CMS 1500 claims (via Office Ally or other Clearinghouses)
- Directly submit claims from Healthie to Office Ally
Healthie sends out dozens of e-mail notifications on your organization's behalf. Learn more.
Depending on your organization's specific workflow, it is often helpful to create a generic firstname.lastname@example.org for notification centralization. If you have a generic e-mail, please reach out, so we can attach this to your Healthie e-mail account.
Adding Healthie to your company website
Healthie Calendar & Packages can be added to a company website. Details below:
- Add Client Portal Button
- Integrate Healthie with website
- Group practices and organizations: Integrate website with Healthie
Please review our Browser compatibility guide for recommendations and best practices