April 2021: Release Notes
Platform release notes: April 2021. Learn what new changes to the Healthie platform and mobile app that both providers and clients can expect to see. With new releases each week, make the most of Healthie's new features by bookmarking this help article and checking back frequently!
- Allow clients to obtain a package, but pay later
- Clients can confirm or cancel appointments via SMS
- Updated Blood Pressure field for forms
- Automatically send form(s) after an appointment is booked or occurs
- E-Rx Integration (Beta)
- Self-add an e-Fax line
- Previewing Email Templates
- Customize sharing & embed links for client packages
- Additional Updates
- Past and Planned Updates
Allow clients to obtain a package, but pay later
There may be instances in which you want clients to obtain a package, but you would not like to require clients to pay for a package immediately for the package.
With our newest setting option for client packages, providers can choose to make a package:
- Charge the client immediately to their payment card on file ("Charge Immediately" is selected)
- - OR - Allow the client to obtain the package, for which payment can be collected later ("Charge immediately" is deselected)
If payment is to be collected at a later date, providers can easily invoice or charge the client, or mark the package as paid via outside payment.
Note: Clients will still see the pricing of the package they confirmed at the onset, ensuring transparency with payments.
Learn more about this new payment workflow here.
Clients can confirm or cancel appointments via SMS
Healthie makes it easy to automatically send text (SMS) reminders to clients for upcoming appointments. There is no additional charge for appointment confirmation and reminder texts, and there is no limit to the number of messages that can be sent on your behalf.
In our latest update, we've added the ability for clients to "confirm" or "cancel" their appointment in response to an SMS appointment reminder. This added capability will further enable providers to maintain an up-to-date schedule, and reduce no-show rates.
Learn more here.
Updated Blood Pressure Field for Forms
Healthie makes it easy to customize your charting and intake forms, with a pre-loaded bank of question fields. The Blood Pressure field has been updated to support both systolic and diastolic entires.
If you currently have a blood pressure field included within a form, we suggest that you replace it with the new BP field. You can do so by opening your form within the Form Builder, locating the BP field (Question Bank > Charting > Blood Pressure) and dragging it onto your form. The original field can be subsequently deleted (this will not delete any historic patient data).
You can learn more about customizing your forms, and leveraging Healthie's Form Builder here.
Automatically send form(s) after an appointment is booked or confirmed
Have a workflow that you'd like to happen after a client books a specific appointment, or after an appointment has occurred? With Healthie you can now trigger form(s) to send electronically to a client after a session is booked and / or occurs, outside of an intake Flow.
Request clients complete post-session satisfaction surveys, testimonial releases, and more.
Learn more about the difference between an Intake Flow and Post-Session scheduled content here.
E-Rx Integration (Beta)
Healthie now integrates with DoseSpot to provide E-Rx capabilities directly within Healthie. Providers can manage and create prescription orders for patients, send orders to the pharmacy for fulfillment, and print prescriptions for patients.
This is an optional add-on to your membership. If you'd like to start an application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more here.
Self-add an e-Fax Line
For members on Healthie's Practice Plus plan and above, an outbound e-Fax line is included within your membership. Members on our Small Practice or Beginnings plans are able to add-on an a-Fax line for only $9.99/month. There are no additional fees per fax, and no limit on the number of faxes that can be sent or received.
As a provider, you can now self-add a fax line to your account, whether it's included in your plan, or for an additional cost. To add your fax line, get started by selecting "Faxing" from the main menu within your Healthie account, and following the on-screen prompts.
Previewing Email Templates
Through Healthie, there are many ways that clients can be added to the platform (book an appointment, purchases a package, are manually added, etc). We've helped to make it easier for providers to understand how/when new clients are prompted to set up their Healthie account.
When a NEW client books an appointment, or purchases a package through an embed link, they will receive a confirmation email & are automatically added within Healthie.
Providers can now toggle between a preview of what an email will look like for both NEW clients and EXISTING clients.
- Settings > Email templates
- Select the email template you'd like to view > Preview
- On the top of the preview screen, you'll see a drop-down menu. Switch between the two view options (new client, existing client) to see what their version of the email will look like.
For specific emails, you'll notice that new clients will see a "Set Up Account" button. While internally a Healthie account has already been created for them, the set up steps will prompt them to create a password for their account. New clients are then able to log into Healthie with their email address and password.
Customize sharing & embed links for client packages
Healthie makes it easy to share your client packages, with a sharing URL or embed code. These links can be used to add packages directly to your website, or to share as part of your marketing initiatives.
When generating an embed or sharing link for a package, providers will now see more options enabling them to customize the sharing link display, including:
- The option to show/remove the embed package title (where it says "Package" above the left-hand side)
- Ability to choose a custom color
- Ability to show/remove the package image
To change the main color utilize with the sharing link, click in the "Primary Color" field. Either select a new color, or enter a hex code for your desired color. The live preview will automatically update with your color and customization preferences.
Learn more about sharing packages here.
- Minor bug fixes
- Option to add a HIPAA disclaimer to the cover sheet of sent e-faxes. Learn more here.
- Addition of two new columns to the Superbill overview page, allowing providers to quickly view the Amount Billed and the Amount Paid for each created Superbill.
- Specific payment details have been made to the Transfers tab of Payments. See how many transfers were initiated each day, the status of the transfer (failed, pending, successful), and generate a report to see even more details (ie. which clients, invoice, package, etc are associated with the payment). Read more in "Transfer Details"
- We've standardized the options clients will see at the bottom of forms to include: Skip, Save for Later, Save Changes, and Submit. This will help clients more easily complete requested forms.
Past and Planned Updates
View all updates from last month here.
See planned product updates on our Product Roadmap.
Have a feature request for our team? You can share your requests by emailing us at email@example.com or by adding/voting for your requests on Feature Upvote.